Sheet Pan Skirt Steak With Marinade And Vegetables
Sheet pan dinners are great when you’re busy or just need a simple dish to feed the family. This recipe for skirt steak has delicious flavors and crispy vegetables. These type of one pan dishes make the best meals. Additionally this original marinade for skirt steak is mouthwatering and simple.
This recipes for skirt steak tastes amazing especially when broiled in the oven like this one. The skirt steak cut comes from the abdominal area of the cow. It’s a thin cut with one leaner side and one fattier side. When sliced thin and broiled it’s an extremely flavorful steak.
The original marinade for skirt steak helps to tenderize the meat as well. The marinade is so flavorful and simple to create. All you need is 3 tbsp orange juice, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1.5 tbsp caldo con sabor de pollo (chicken flavor bouillon). Also 1 tbsp ground mustard powder and 1/2 tbsp garlic powder.
Sheet pan dinners are so simple to make
This recipe for skirt steak is delicious when broiled in the oven. Before doing so remove the connective tissue and fat from the meat. Then place one oven rack as close to the broiler as possible. Turn the broiler on the high heat setting.
You want the meat to cook hot and fast, so broil for only a few minutes per side. Approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side will produce a medium well temperature. Broil the recipe for skirt steak 5 or 6 minutes per side for a well done steak.
The marinade for skirt steak will also seep into the vegetables creating a lovely healthy side dish. That’s why I love sheet pan dinners because you get your main and side done with one pan. The vegetables I like to use include asparagus, corn, mushrooms, and onions.
Sheet Pan Skirt Steak And Marinade
- sheet pan (9x13)
- 1 lbs skirt steak
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp caldo con sabor de pollo (chicken flavor bouillon)
- 1 tbsp ground mustard powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 4 whole corn on the cob
- Start by removing the fat and connective tissue from the steak
- In a large zip lock baggie (or you can use a bowl or container) combine the steak, onions, and other vegetables
- Add in the vegetable oil, orange juice and apple cider vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl combine all dry seasonings and whisk together until thoroughly combined
- Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the meat and vegetables
- Allow to marinate inside the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Place one of the oven racks as close to the top of the oven near the broiler as possible
- Preheat your oven’s broiler on high heat
- Grease your sheet pan (9x13 works great)
- Place the meat and vegetables evenly in the sheet pan
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes then flip the steak over and broil again for another 4 to 5 minutes depending on how well you want the meat done