Fried Egg And Cheese Panini With Veggies Recipe
Fried egg and cheese panini with veggies is a lovey refreshing summer recipe for vegetarian sandwiches. The toasted crunchy bread combined with melted cheese (and other flavors) is delicious. I know you will love this simple recipe for panini sandwiches using a panini press or tinfoil and frying pan.
You can make these vegetarian sandwiches with or without a panini press grill. It’s actually quite simple and I’m going to give you the instructions for both methods. However, let’s first get into the panini press grill and how to use it!
The word panini is Italian for “small bread, bread rolls.” A panini press grill is an electric appliance that creates a contact grill with a fixed heated bottom. It also uses a heated top plate that closes down. It’s an easy to use affordable cooking appliance for making dishes like this recipe for panini sandwiches.
Vegetarian sandwiches make amazing paninis especially with yummy melted gooey cheese. Paninis are defined as sandwiches served warmed by grilling or toasting. This can be achieved without a grill press also. For example I like the foil method because it keeps the fixins inside the sub better!
Make this vegetarian sandwich with or without a press grill
In order to make this toasted recipe for vegetarian sandwich without a panini press grill, first assemble the sandwich. Next wrap it with tin foil until it’s completely covered. Set on the grill and press down with a spatula for about 3 minutes.
Flip the panini over and repeat on the other side. It’s super easy to make this recipe for panini on a press grill or regular grill. This particular vegetarian sandwich only requires the following simple ingredients. The ingredients include 4 large eggs, 1 cup sliced sweet peppers, and 1/2 cup thinly diced white onion.
You need 8 oz cheddar cheese, 8 slices of bread, seasoning, and melted butter. The melted butter is for greasing the grill and coating the bread. It’s really helpful to have a basting brush for this aspect of your recipe for panini sandwiches.
Fried Egg And Cheese Panini With Veggies
- Panini press grill (or regular grill and tin foil)
- Basting brush
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup slices sweet peppers (for example a mixture of red, yellow, orange)
- ½ cup thinly diced onions
- 8 oz cheddar cheese (for example 8 - 1 oz cheese slices)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- Plug in the panini press and turn it on
- Use the basting brush to apply melted butter (or oil) on the panini press
- Also coat the tops of each slice of bread with melted butter using the basting brush
- Lay the onions and peppers on the grill and crack the eggs open over the veggies and season with the salt and pepper
- Allow them to cook for 3-5 minutes and the gently press the top of the grill on top of the eggs without closing it all the way
- Grill for another 5 minutes
- Remove cooked veggie eggs and lay inside the bread (if you want to put any sauce like mayonnaise, put it on top) then put the top slices of bread on the sandwiches
- Place each sandwich inside the panini press (possibly cook 2 at a time depending on the size of your panini press and the size of bread you’re using)
- Close the lid of the grill onto the sandwiches and apply some pressure
- Allow the sandwiches to cook for 5 to 7 minutes- peek through the crack to see if the cheese has started to melt
- Once the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted/ grilled to your preference turn off the grill and allow the sandwiches to start to cool off
- Cut in half and serve
- assemble the sandwich
- wrap it with tin foil until it’s completely covered
- set on the grill and press down with a spatula for about 3 minutes
- flip the panini over and repeat on the other side.