Illinois BASSET Certification
Illinois BASSET Certification after completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller’s role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller’s responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: State of Illinois Alcohol-Related Laws BASSET
11/02/2018 – BASSET Certification
Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) is the State of Illinois’ responsible beverage seller/server program. Under the licensing and regulatory auspices of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission, BASSET Certification is designed to encourage profitable, responsible, and legal alcohol sales and service.
By July 1, 2018, all on-premise alcohol servers (and those required to check identification for alcohol service) will be mandated to take BASSET. Click on Required Training Dates for the law’s effective date by county. Please note, there are also several municipal and county liquor licensing authorities who currently have established specific training requirements as a condition for employment in a liquor establishment. Owners, managers, and sellers/servers must check Local Ordinances for training requirements. It is the responsibility of all Illinois liquor retailers to be aware of state liquor laws, rules and regulations, and local ordinances.
Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, Cicero, Champaign, Bloomington, Decatur, Arlington Heights, Evanston, Schaumburg