Illinois BASSET Certification – Des Plains
Illinois BASSET Certification – Des Plains, After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller’s role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller’s responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: State of Illinois Alcohol-Related Laws
Updated 05/01/2020 – Illinois BASSET Certification – Des Plains
By July 1, 2018, all on-premise alcohol servers (and those required to check identification for alcohol service) will be mandated to take BASSET. Click on Required Training Dates for the law’s effective date by county. Please note, there are also several municipal and county liquor licensing authorities who currently have established specific training requirements as a condition for employment in a liquor establishment. Owners, managers, and sellers/servers must check Local Ordinances for training requirements. It is the responsibility of all Illinois liquor retailers to be aware of state liquor laws, rules and regulations, and local ordinances.
Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, Cicero, Champaign, Bloomington, Decatur, Arlington Heights, Evanston, Schaumburg, Bolingbrook, Palatine, Skokie, Des Plaines
101 W Jefferson St,
Springfield, IL 62702